Did you know that human touch releases uplifting endorphins like serotonin, and reduces blood pressure and heart rate? Therapeutic massage has been used for centuries and is a wonderful relief that can improve overall health, reduce stress and relieve muscle tension. The gentle, non-invasive approach of prenatal massage at The Women’s Center can help ease discomfort associated with pregnancy by offering this natural, safe, drug-free alternative choice for pain relief.
The Women’s Center provides comfort for the mother-to-be as she prepares for labor. Our patient staff provides nurturing emotional support. Prenatal massage therapy can be a very instrumental ingredient in women’s prenatal care and should be given careful consideration. Our WCIHNJ qualified prenatal massage therapists are certified in prenatal massage.
Schedule an appointment today and experience the healing energy of therapeutic massage. You will feel more content and relaxed as you approach your special day.
Women with the following conditions should speak with a health care provider prior to receiving a massage:
- High risk pregnancy
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH)
- Previous pre-term labor
- Experiencing severe swelling, high blood pressure, or sudden, severe headaches
- Recently gave birth
Click on the links below to view more simple FAQ’s:
- Certified Prenatal Massage Therapists at The Women’s Center
- Is prenatal massage safe throughout the entire pregnancy?
- What are the benefits of prenatal massage during pregnancy?
- What precautions should be taken when seeking prenatal massage?
- Incorporating Massage into Your Prenatal Care
- Hormone regulation
- Reduction of swelling
- Improvement of nerve pain
- Body position during prenatal massage
- Be aware of sensitive pressure points