“Good health (mind, body & soul) is a partnership between you and us, and our priority is to give our patients the best care possible.”
Welcome to Women’s Center for Integrative Health. We have created this page to assist our patients with helpful information that will streamline and ease your patient experience when visiting our office.
First visit to Women’s Center for Integrative Health?
In the interest of time, we encourage patients to input their medical history, insurance information and demographics on our secure Patient Portal on the WCIHNJ.com web site in advance. If online access is not possible, forms can be downloaded and complete in advance to bring to their first office visit.
Download Patient Forms
You can download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader to View this document HERE
- Medical records release
- HIPAA Patient Rights
- Patient Demographics
- Patient Consent
- Medical History
- Interim Medical History
- Financial Responsibility
- ABN notice for Medicare patients
- Obstetrics Packet
- You can make an appointment by either calling The Women’s Center office or accessing our Patient Portal online at www.WCIHNJ.com
- Please plan to arrive about 15 minutes early for your first visit so you can complete the digital registration.
- You will be asked to show your insurance card and photo ID on your first visit and please bring it with you on subsequent visits.
- We can gladly send our patients a gentle appointment reminder, along with turn-by-turn driving directions via the communication method of your choice; U.S. postal mail, e-mail, SMS texting to your cell phone or a recorded phone call to your home or office.
- If you must change or cancel an appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. We have reserved this appointment time just for you, so please be respectful of our time and give us plenty of notice. No shows or repeated cancellations without adequate notice will result in a Missed Appointment Charge.
The staff at Women’s Center for Integrative Health respects and values your time and will always try to maintain an on-time schedule; however, there may be situations where we are called away for an emergency or a delivery. Babies, most times, come on their own timetable – rarely ours! If this should occur, you will be notified as soon as possible so that you can return later in the day or reschedule for another day.
To help to get to know you, we may ask to take a digital photo of all patients to attach to their electronic health records. Smile and say cheese!
Our practice uses electronic medical records to provide enhanced care, more efficient record-keeping and convenient communications for patients. We are able to send electronic prescriptions directly to your pharmacy for convenient pick-up, quicker prescription refills and improved medication safety. Also, we can electronically submit and receive lab results in real-time. If you wish to transfer your medical records from previous medical practices, please download our Patient Records Transfer and mail/fax it to the former practice.
Insurance and Payment Policy for patients with accepted insurance plans:
Women’s Center for Integrative Health participates in most major insurance plans. We will bill your insurance company for any covered services. In order to provide this service, we require the following:
- A current insurance card, with proper insurance ID#
- Primary policyholder’s name and date of birth
- Co-payments be paid at or before the time of service
Please be aware that it is YOUR responsibility to check with your insurance company to be sure our services are covered before your visit. Your insurance coverage is an agreement between you and your insurance company. As the policyholder, YOU will be held responsible for your bill should your insurance company determine that services are not covered. Since every employer (and the designated insurance policy on coverage) is unique, we cannot be knowledgeable on what services are covered (or not covered) and what referrals are required. It is YOUR responsibility to find out this information from your insurance carrier BEFORE your visit. We appreciate your understanding.
If it is any consolation, we too at WCIHNJ have major medical insurance and are required to do the same research with our carriers before an exam, procedure or referral. (smile)
For patients who are not members of accepted insurance plans:
Dr. Price would be considered an “out-of-network provider” with all those plans. Payment is expected at the time services are rendered. As a courtesy to you, we will submit on your behalf to your primary insurance carrier for direct reimbursement to you. Alternatively, we will give you a copy of the bill for submission to your insurance plan and direct reimbursement to you. Please ask your insurance company about reimbursement policies for care rendered by out-of-network providers as this will vary by plan.
For insurance or billing questions, contact the Women’s Center for Integrative Health’s billing office at (732) 542-3800 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Women’s Center complies with all HIPAA regulations.
Stay tuned. FAQ – “Frequently Asked Questions” – Coming Soon.
Dr. Price is a LGBT-friendly physician.
WCIHNJ loves and embraces everyone and empathizes with ALL patients who seek compassionate care.